[Bioperl-l] New to BioPerl - Gene prediction & fgenesh

Merche Castillo merche at uni-bonn.de
Tue Mar 27 14:29:28 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I am working on gene prediction in nematodes and I'm interested in
learning more about BioPerl and how I can use it to get some nice
prediction out of my nematode contigs. I have already done some
predictions with the Fgenesh web version, but it takes a long time since
I have to submit each contig separately. Thus I'm interesting in writing
a script that would use the fgenesh module. I have seen the
documentation is quite old, so I wonder whether the BioPerl module runs
on the latest version.

Since I would like to do comparative genomics among different nematode
species I was wondering whether it is possible to find fgenesh+ or
fgenesh++. Since I am quite new here I would appreciate any advice on
BioPerl and gene prediction

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

--