[Bioperl-l] Saving Codeml Output file

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:15:54 UTC 2012

File::Copy module cp() works too instead of using a system call which will be more OS independent.

If you don't want the temp files cleaned up you can set the save_tempfiles to true, e.g.
$obj->save_tempfiles(1)
before your call run().
and also have the program report the tempdir like

print $obj->tempdir;

See Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase for the other inherited methods for the Run classes.

Dave Messina has debugged some of PAML4 recently, the problem is that there is constant changes in the output format of the mlc and other report flies making it difficult to insure this constantly works. It is a reason we should try and get HyPhy support working as that will allow for probably better standardized running and output.

Jason