[Bioperl-l] Compliance of Bio::Seq add_SeqFeature() method

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Sun Mar 4 19:27:34 UTC 2012

It does need to comply - the interface is the contract. That being said, any implementation can go *beyond* the contract in what it supports - it just can't fall short of it. So an implementation can always implement more than the contract requires, but never less or it is out of compliance.

It seems from the documentation you quote that Bio::Seq does support a single feature to be added, so that part is fine. However, there is no mention of the EXPAND option, so if that's indeed not supported (can't look at the code right now) then it is not compliant, and that should be fixed.

-hilmar

Sent with a tap.