[Bioperl-l] Bio-EUtilities released

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 13 16:18:22 UTC 2012

All,

I have released the (now separate) Bio-EUtilities on CPAN.  For this release I switched to using an independent version number (1.71) that is simpler and evaluates as newer that the current bioperl version (1.006902).

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Bio-EUtilities/

This release doesn't seem to interfere with the current BioPerl CPAN releases: one should be able to install this, which will then install all prerequisites (including BioPerl and older EUtilities code).  The code can be retrieved here:

chris

PS : this bodes well for splitting off code from bioperl-live into their own repositories.  We have a few distributions that are already on this path (Bio-FeatureIO, Bio-Root, etc.).