[Bioperl-l] Bio::AlignIO->add_new ORDER?

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:57:52 UTC 2012

You cannot use
order=1, it would have to be order => 1 as you are passing in a hash not an assignment. However, I think the rearrange function that parses arguments prefers a leading '-' so it should be -order => 1. Same thing for -seq=>$seq not seq=$seq

Did you try using exactly what is in the perldoc?

 Title     : add_seq
        Usage     : $myalign->add_seq($newseq);
                    $myalign->add_seq(-SEQ=>$newseq, -ORDER=>5);
        Function  : Adds another sequence to the alignment. *Does not* align
                    it - just adds it to the hashes.
                    If -ORDER is specified, the sequence is inserted at the
                    the position spec'd by -ORDER, and existing sequences
                    are pushed down the storage array.
        Returns   : nothing
        Args      : A Bio::LocatableSeq object
                    Positive integer for the sequence position (optional)

Also - I am not sure what version of the code you are using, that line error you report is not in the current code so you may have to print out what is on those lines or consider upgrading to latest version of the code.