[Bioperl-l] Download RefSeq revision history programmatically

Daniel Renfro bluecurio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:32:07 UTC 2011

I am working on a project to find historical differences in GenBank/RefSeq files. I would like to download all the old revisions of a file (for example NC_000913 [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NC_000913.2?report=girevhist]) using any technology available. I wrote a page-scraper in Perl, but I can't get NCBI to return plaintext, only HTML (which does nobody any good.)

Does anyone know of a way to get all the "revisions" (not just "versions") of a GenBank/RefSeq file?

-Daniel
--
http://ecoliwiki.net/User:DanielRenfro
Hu Lab Research Associate