[Bioperl-l] Fwd: blast result not matching.

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 8 13:05:10 UTC 2011

Submissions to NCBI BLAST via their web interface have different parameters than those submitted via their QBLAST interface (what is used in BioPerl).  So the fact there are differing results isn't too surprising, particularly if the results fall close to the e-value cutoff for one or the other.  You will need to set the proper parameters, which I don't believe is possible via the (very simple) Bio::Perl interface, but is possible via Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast.

chris