[Bioperl-l] saving amino acids sequence to file

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Tue Oct 4 10:12:51 UTC 2011

[Sent this yesterday just to Roey by accident; reposting to the list now.]

Hi Roey,

>From the feature table, I think you can only get the amino acid sequence as
a string. If you'd like to be able to use the SeqIO methods on it, you'll
need to create a Bio::Seq object from it first. For examples, look at the
'To and From a String' section of the SeqIO HOWTO:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:SeqIO

But if you just want Fasta, plain ol' print statements are often sufficient.

Dave