[Bioperl-l] Blastp filters - no hits on similar sequence

rgoldade rgoldade at sfu.ca
Thu May 12 20:44:40 UTC 2011

I'm having a problem with blastp filters... I'm using blast to compare
artificial sequences:

Calling
>blastp -query test1.fa -subject test2.fa

Returns no hits. From what I've read, there are no filters active by default
with blastp but I'm still having nothing returned. Does anyone have a
suggestion how to overcome this issue?

Thank you,
Ryan

Example

>Line1
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI

>Line2
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIHHHHHAAALAAAALALAAAIHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI