[Bioperl-l] bioperl-ext installation

Michael Rosen eigenrosen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 23:34:09 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Sorry in advance for a most likely trivial question: I did the standard
make/make test/make install of the bioperl-ext packages with no problems (I
can post the full output if useful). But when I try to run a simple program
that has no trouble on a different machine w bioperl-ext I get:

"The C-compiled engine for Smith Waterman alignments (Bio::Ext::Align) has
not been installed.
 Please install the bioperl-ext package"

Any ideas what might be happening? I don't know if the problem was with
installation (but I got "all tests successful during make test") or if I may
need to add the installed packages to some path variable? I'm relatively new
to both bioperl and perl generally so not sure where to start

Thanks