[Bioperl-l] Error message installing BioPerl on Windows x86 with ActivePerl 5.12.4

Vicky Hollenbeck hollenbv at onid.orst.edu
Mon Jul 18 23:48:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am getting two error messages after following the instructions for
installing BioPerl from command line according to
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows.  I have all
the repositories listed in the table under 'Perl 5.10':

*Can't find any package that provides Convert::Binary::C for
Bundle-BioPerl Core
*Can't find any package that provides DB_file:: for Bundle-BioPerl Core

I originally was doing installation via the GUI, but when I got a few
error messages, went on to the command line version.  I was able to fix
the SOAP error message by following the instuctions there, but can't
seem to fix the other two listed above.

Thank you in advance.

Vicky Hollenbeck
USDA Agricultural Research Service