[Bioperl-l] Getting started with bioperl-db

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Mon Jul 18 11:36:15 UTC 2011

Hi Lutz,

Yes, indeed there is significantly less documentation for BioPerl-db, though there is quite a bit in the perldoc of the modules. The best starting points are probably Bio::DB::BioDB, Bio::DB::BioSQL::DBAdaptor, and Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor. Also there is the 2003 slideshow linked that explains the basic overview.

Thanks for pointing out the errors on the wiki page, I've fixed them now.

And finally, querying BioSQL directly is a perfectly fine solution. I've done that many times.

-hilmar

Sent with a tap.