[Bioperl-l] How to stop rather than emit warnings with Bio::Das::segment?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:10:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

Bio::Das::segment can give me the following warnings without stopping
the whole program when the position for the query doesn't exist. I
could test the return result and quit when it is []. But this would
cause my program have an test whenever I call segment. I'm wondering
if there is an automatic way to let Bio::Das::segment stop in such
cases.

MSG: Sequence is not dna or rna, but []. Attempting to revcom, but
unsure if this is right

Regards,
Peng