[Bioperl-l] Mouse->Human homologues ?

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 9 17:17:20 UTC 2011

There are lots of databases that have this capability (ensembl, orthodb, homologene, oma, to name only a few).  Have you tried a simple search for this, or did you want expert opinion on the matter?

chris

PS - Just to note, there is a lot of controversy swirling about re: the ortholog conjecture and some recently published papers calling it into question using human-mouse data, worth a look if you're trotting this path to know the current situation.  If you have access to F1000, see the following (paper itself is open :)

Faculty of 1000 evaluations, dissents and comments for [Nehrt NL et al. Testing the ortholog conjecture with comparative functional genomic data from mammals. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011 Jun; 7(6):e1002073; doi: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002073]. Faculty of 1000, 31 Aug 2011. F1000.com/12462957