[Bioperl-l] SeqIO: paired end reads

Lee Katz lskatz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:32:50 UTC 2011

Thank you.  I figured out through the Newbler manual that there is a linker
sequence to separate the paired end reads.  Then, the forum at
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12940 showed me that the
linker sequence is "GTTGGAACCGAAAGGGTTTGAATTCAAACCCTTTCGGTTCCAAC".

I think a useful addition to bioperl could be to have paired end reads.

This is outside of the domain of bioperl, but now I am left wondering how I
could specify the distance between reads in Newbler, if the linker sequence
is fixed.