[Bioperl-l] FW: Pal2Nal problem

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:01:25 UTC 2011

Hi Xinli,

You don't need to use Bio::AlignIO to read $alnDP, since it is already a
Bio::SimpleAlign object. To write out the Phylip file you just need this:

#output the result with phylip format

my $out = Bio::AlignIO->new(-file   => ">out.phy" ,
                             -format => 'phylip');
$out->write_aln($alnDP);

Hope this helps,
Roy.