[Bioperl-l] Q: batched extraction of sub-sequences and their reverse-complements ?

wadim kapulkin wadim_kapulkin at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 03:32:04 UTC 2011

Hi There,

Let me ask the following :

I would like to extract the batch of subsequences (as fastas),  based on list of
coordinates : i.e. 1-1000, 1001-2000 , 2001-3000 etc) from given 'large seqence'
(i.e. chromosome sized >10MB) and then, ideally , I would be keen to know how to
extract the converse set - [i.e.: extract 'same' ( I mean corresponding) batch
of sequences, based on list of converse coordinates  from reverse-complement of
given 'large sequence'].

Would there be 'easy' way of doing that ?

Thanks in advance & apologies for asking trivia -

Wadim