[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlastPlus

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Tue Sep 28 15:04:07 UTC 2010

Should work from .bashrc, Hans. Also add

export BLASTPLUSDIR=/home/hans/BLAST/bin

It really should see it in the PATH as you have it, so that may be a bug; however the BLASTPLUSDIR should force it to see the program.

You can also execute the export commands in the shell, and the variables will be set and visible to programs for the duration of the login session. You can see what they are set to in the shell by doing

set | grep BLAST

cheers MAJ