[Bioperl-l] Installing using git after an older installation

David Breimann david.breimann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 18:13:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm sharing a server with some other lab members.
I would like to install the latest version of bioperl for my own use,
without affecting my colleagues.
I used git to clone a copy of bioperl-live and exported
  PERL5LIB="$HOME/src/bioperl-live:$PERL5LIB".
Now
  perl -MBio::Perl -le 'print Bio::Perl->VERSION;'
returns
  1.0069

My question is: is that all?
Now I'm using the latest version?
Should I include anything special in my scripts?

Also, what about all the bp_***.pl scripts?
Are the now using the latest version, too?
I guess not, since I didn't build anything. So what should I do about them?

Thanks,
Dave