[Bioperl-l] can't install bioperl 1.6.1

Andrea Edwards edwardsa at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 16:33:21 UTC 2010

  Hi

I can't install Bioperl 1.6.1 on windows using Active Perl 5.8.8.822

I have added the repositories as mentioned in the user guide but get
this error message

“ERROR: File conflict for 'C:/Perl/html/bin/bp_aacomp.html'.The package
BioPerl has already installed a file that package bioperl wants to install.”

I have seen a forum thread which says the problem is due to the
trouchelle repository.

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=817531

I did remove the trouchelle repository as suggested and bioperl 1.6.1
does seem to have installed but I don't know enough about Perl to know
if it will have installed correctly by removing this repository.

I installed BioPerl 1.6 successfully on a different PC running
ActivePerl 5.8.9.827 without needing to remove the trouchelle so I 'm
not sure what to think.

Many thanks