[Bioperl-l] Mummer parser and data anlysis

shalabh sharma shalabh.sharma7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 18:35:54 UTC 2010

I have used MEGAN a lot in past, but again it takes blast files as input and
here i just want to avoid blast.
The problem is its environmental sample so i cant throw any of the data.

I know its not a bioperl question but i was just wondering is there any
program that can align my reads against a huge database at amino acid level
(like with refseq or subset of refseq).
or even alignment is a good option?

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks