[Bioperl-l] Automatic download of bioperl from git

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Wed May 26 19:57:21 UTC 2010

Also on the bioperl git page is a "download master" link, which pops
up a cute javascript window offering me a choice of zip or tar files.
If I copy the url of the tar file, I get a page that says:

You are being <a
href="http://waitdownload.github.com/bioperl-bioperl-live-bioperl-release-1-5-1-rc4-3925-g4073c12.tar.gz">redirected</a>.

where presumably, the digits after "bioperl-release" will change on a
regular basis (right?), so that doesn't help much either (yes, I know
I could parse the redirect message and get that url, but really, is
there such a thing as a HEAD url?)

Thanks,
Scott