[Bioperl-l] extracting genbank content

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon May 17 16:36:37 UTC 2010

Depends on what you need to do.  If you are just interested in pulling out certain bits of data from each record, using SeqIO is a good option.  But if you want to access the records as a flat database (not iteration, but indexed for fast access), use Bio::Index::GenBank or Bio::DB::Flat to make a simple flat file database and access them by ID.

chris