[Bioperl-l] move ancient branches to attic

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Fri May 14 16:56:54 UTC 2010

On May 14, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Chris Fields wrote:

> it would be nice to clean out feature branches that have been merged
> back in

Agreed, if the case is clear.

> and relegate all older branches to an attic. Moving branches is as
> easy as 'git branch -m foo attic/foo'.

That's easy enough too and doesn't lose anything, hence no need to
spend time on making sure it might not be a mistake.

>  I'm not in favor of removing branches that haven't been merged
> back, unless they're deemed unnecessary by the core devs.

Agreed, except I would remove the conditional. I'd rather spend that
time on coding ...

	-hilmar

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :