[Bioperl-l] Smoke test aggregator - Buildbot + Smolder ?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu May 6 03:55:40 UTC 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
> Nice!  Maybe we should wrap the LWP version for posting into a script?  We could place this with the distribution.

Ya, seems like the way to go. LWP is all over inside BioPerl already, whereas Smolder itself has 147 dependencies, most of which probably aren't relevant to most BioPerl users.   :)

   http://deps.cpantesters.org/?module=Smolder;perl=latest

So a stand-alone script that could be run whenever, plus (eventually) a prompt in Build.PL asking about running it? Not sure if Build.PL can somehow use the "prove --archive" hook to store the results during the normal installation run through all the tests...

Jay Hannah
http://biodoc.ist.unomaha.edu/wiki/User:Jhannah