[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::RefSeq and iPrism Web Filter

armendarez77 at hotmail.com armendarez77 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:27:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm having a problem involving my company's StBernard iPrism Web Filter.  I would like to be able to run my scripts (include Bio::DB::RefSeq, Bio::DB::GenBank) via crontab, however the web filter requires me to log in every 8 hours.  The administrator removed the filter however, my scripts still failed.  I then logged into iPrism and the scripts worked.

The system administrators say its the script; that it is somehow caching information and preventing itself from accessing the internet.  I'm using the following modules: strict, DBI, Bio::Perl, Bio::SeqIO, Getopt::Long and Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast.

I would include the script, but it's a bit involved and passes arguments to other scripts.

Thank you,

Veronica