[Bioperl-l] Bio-SCF from CPAN == error installation

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 11 20:02:28 UTC 2010

Hello Jessica,

For Bio-SCF, you have to have the staden package installed.  See the
INSTALL notes included in the Bio-SCF distribution.

The easiest way to view the INSTALL notes for a perl module's distribution:
   - go to http://search.cpan.org/
   - search for 'Bio::SCF'
   - click the link to the Bio-SCF-1.03 distribution you see in the
search results
   - the page linked here describes the installation package that
Bio::SCF comes in.
   - On that page, you will see a link to the INSTALL notes for it.

This is a good thing to know how to do when you have problems with other
perl modules as well.

But yes, as Chris said, those installation notes direct you to install
the staden io-lib libraries from staden.sourceforge.net.

Rob