[Bioperl-l] Can protein glyph tracks interfere with other tracks?

Nathan Liles nml5566 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:52:19 UTC 2010

I'm trying to patch Gbrowse to properly display circular segments.
Currently, I'm working on getting the protein glyphs to display properly
beyond the end of the track.

I noticed when I turn on the protein track, it can sometimes affect
another track. Specifically, turning on the protein track can either
cause the gene glyphs to disappear or be duplicated.
This only happens for features with two subfeatures that appear on the
panel at opposite ends.

This seems strange since I can't imagine how one track could affect
another.
Has anyone noticed this behavior before?
Can anybody think of a way that the protein glyph module can affect
other glyphs?

Thanks,
Nathan Liles