[Bioperl-l] tempfile problem with standalone blast

Gopal gopal.cshl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:23:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to run standalone blast and parse the files, both using BioPerl.

When running a moderately big file, I keep getting this message:

"Error in tempfile() using
/var/folders/lJ/lJxoSpu4FYukooFDUoeLWIJTR5g/-Tmp-/XXXXXXXXXX: Could not
create temp file
/var/folders/lJ/lJxoSpu4FYukooFDUoeLWIJTR5g/-Tmp-/RLI8KU9LSL: Too many open
files at /Library/Perl/5.10.0/Bio/Root/IO.pm line 719"

I am running on Mac OS Snow Leapord and my Perl, BioPerl are current.

please help me how to fix this problem,

thanks,

-gopal