[Bioperl-l] Any module for chromosome region analysis ?

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 17:46:02 UTC 2010

I'm not sure if the species being dealt with are "common", but it would seem
to me that a logical addition to bioperl would be an extension that took a
genome location (or locations) and interfaced one into a browser of those
regions in external databases (e.g. UCSC Genome Browser, Ensemble, etc.).
The only cases where that wouldn't work is if one is dealing with novel
species that aren't in the databases yet.

Robert