[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::Bowtie andBio::Assembly::IO::bowtie now available BETA

Dan Kortschak dan.kortschak at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 22:18:05 UTC 2010

Hi Jason,

No I didn't use that, but I'm happy to change those part of the new
method so that it works with our cousins (MAJ, it's not that I don't
consider it a bug, I just very rarely even consider Windows at all - yes
that's bad, but I find my life works better that way ;) - though I'm
glad to have people find things that I am unable to test, and fix them
when found).

It should be a simple case of using the executable[s] methods which go
through B:R:IO->exists_exe.

Ben would you log a bug? Also note that as the module stands the
executable location[s] with WrapperBase[::CommandExts] derived modules
can be changed through the executable[s] methods, so your desire to have
a user specified executable path is available. The function of that
method was not completely resolved when I wrote the new method, so the
unix command was used - it will be fixed. As far as using an $ENV{} var,
I'd be happy to do that deeply if there is already an established
variable defining the executable locations, though I don't think this is
the case (there is a var for index locations - which I don't query, and
completely ignore, this may be a bug request).

cheers
Dan