[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::Bowtie andBio::Assembly::IO::bowtie now available BETA

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Mon Feb 22 19:07:29 UTC 2010

It's actually seems to work pretty well so far--validation on xsd + integration
with
wrapperbase/commandexts. One does:

use Bio::Tools::WrapperMaker;

$fac = Bio::Tools::WrapperMaker->compile( -defs => 'samtools.xml' );

$fac->set_parameters( -command => 'view', -bam_out => 1, -sam_in => 1);
$fac->run( -bam => 'my.sam', -out => 'my.bam');

or put it in a namespace

Bio::Tools::WrapperMaker->compile( -defs => 'samtools.xml', -namespace =>
"My::Samtools");

$fac = My::Samtools->new();

I've been working on a WrapperMaker defs editor
at Fortinbras so people don't have to write XML.
Tuits are in short supply lately, but I'm thinking this might be a
good Summer O Code project...
MAJ