[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::Bowtie and Bio::Assembly::IO::bowtie now available BETA

Ben Bimber bimber at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 22 02:36:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am very happy to see the bowtie wrapper.  However, I am having
trouble with the current logic to find the bowtie executable path.  In
Bio::Tools::Run::Bowtie, line 240, it uses the command 'which', which
is not windows compatible as far as I know (i'm running a PC).

I made a crude hack to get it to work on my machine, but is this
something you would consider changing in bowtie.pm?  I'm not sure what
the most versatile approach to setting program path in a wrapper would
be, but I'd love to hear it.  I have still not entirely wrapped my
head around all the methods to handle program path in wrappers, so
perhaps there's some way to override this I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
Ben