[Bioperl-l] BioPerl, CPAN Modules, and Linux Packages

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 19 21:33:10 UTC 2010

I certainly understand this, but running short on time.

In my opinion, the short answer is:  do one or the other, Debian
packages or CPAN, not both.  Also, I always recommend that people use
local::lib to install the dependencies needed for whatever it is they
are deploying or experimenting with, doing everything as a regular user
account.  Within SGN, the policy is 'never run cpan as root for anything
ever'.

If somebody else starts the page I can come along and edit.

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
rmb32 at cornell.edu
http://www.sgn.cornell.edu