[Bioperl-l] Simulate fragment and read-pair reads from sample sequence

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:19:37 UTC 2010

Self-promotion here, but I could not do the things I needed with MetaSim
and it's not open-source, so I had to roll my own random shotgun library
simulator: Grinder (http://sourceforge.net/projects/biogrinder/).

Grinder has worked well for my purpose but there's room for
improvements. Albert, I'd be happy to work with you on adding new
features in Grinder, for example the mate-pair feature you were mentioning.

Cheers,

Florent