[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Primer3 question

Hong Xu hxu.hong at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:50:43 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm working to parse the Primer3 release 2.2.2-beta result. I made the
necessary changes to make Bio::Tools::Primer3 work with the new output
tags of Primer3 release 2.2.2. But when I tried to get the primer Tm,
I found that Bio::Tools::Primer3 gave different Tm from Primer3 result
file. Then I learned that the Tm was calculated by
Bio::SeqFeature::Primer module, not from parsing Primer3 result. If I
want to get data from parsing Primer3 result, should I write my own
Primer3 parser instead of Bio::Tools::Primer3?

thanks a lot,
Hong