[Bioperl-l] about gene "boundaries"

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Wed Apr 28 14:19:27 UTC 2010

Hi Dimitar,

It would be easy if your local database is one that bioperl talks to:
Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store, and with slightly more work,
BioSQL or Chado.  If not, you'd have to write your own adaptor for
your database that would issue the queries and package the results up
as Bio::Seq or Bio::SeqFeature objects (whichever is appropriate for
your use).

Scott