[Bioperl-l] Possible migration to git/github

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Apr 20 21:16:22 UTC 2010

Agreed, we won't move forward with splitting up any code until after we
make the move over to git/github.

I may end up steering clear of the simple approach (using github's
automated svn import) as it's not pulling authors over in an easy way
(web forms?!?), and seems to take forever for even simple repos.  I'm
currently attempting a pull this way using jason's google code mirror
for bioperl since code.open-bio.org is comatose.  Also looking at
git-svn-abandon and snerp vortex as possible means of conversion.

chris