[Bioperl-l] BioPerl 1.6.0 alpha 4 released

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Sep 26 04:52:35 UTC 2009

All,

Core 1.6.0 alpha 4 is now floating about on the intertubes and CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/~cjfields/BioPerl-1.6.0_4/

http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC/

So far this is passing all tests for ActivePerl on WinXP once DB_File
is installed.  I'll try running some tests for Strawberry Perl, but no
promises.

At this late stage any additional updates will only be doc tweaks and
dealing with small bug fixes prior to 1.6.1.  The only renaming issue
is I need to rename BioPerl.pod to BioPerl.pm and adding a simple
VERSION to it (per Curtis Jewell's suggestion).  I may post a very
short alpha 5 to test that, with 1.6.1 posted by Sunday.

Enjoy!