[Bioperl-l] Stockholm to fasta

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 22 17:13:53 UTC 2009

The POD for Bio::AlignIO::stockholm indicates where the various bits
of information are stored.  Everything from the header should be in
there in the latest bioperl; in many cases it's not ideally stored,
but it's accessible.

You'll need to preprocess your seqs in the SimpleAlign returned
(iterate through them and change the relevant bits like desc(),
displayname(), seq_id, etc) and may need to do other modifications,
but it should work.

chris