[Bioperl-l] Size of BioPerl distribution

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 18 02:53:09 UTC 2009

Maybe attempt trimming them down a bit first, if that's possible.  If
not, no worries (breaking up the distribution will help as Robert
said).  Archive::Tar and IO::Zlib were added in core after 5.8
(5.009003 to be exact), so I would rather not have to worry about any
test-specific dependencies.

Anyway, we've got a little more time.  I'm getting a META.yml popping
up (though everything appears to pass here).  Will look into it; may
be related to a previously reported bug, but I would like to see some
CPANPLUS tests coming in first.  That's what an alpha is for!

chris