[Bioperl-l] BioPerl 1.6.0 alpha 1 released

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 17 20:54:20 UTC 2009

All,

Just a quick note that I have released the first alpha for the 1.6.1
point release.  I uploaded it to CPAN, so it should be migrating to
the various servers in the next few hours or so.  In the meantime, the
alpha can be directly downloaded using the following links (pick your
format):

http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC/BioPerl-1.6.0_1.tar.bz2
http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC/BioPerl-1.6.0_1.tar.gz
http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC/BioPerl-1.6.0_1.zip

If everything goes well, I'll have a more formalized release ready for
the weekend.  I will also be attempting (hopefully with some success)
getting a Windows PPM for the latest ActiveState Perl going over the
next few days.  Feedback from users trying to install BioPerl using
the latest Strawberry Perl would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!