[Bioperl-l] Prepping for 1.6.1 (finally!)

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 7 20:56:03 UTC 2009

All,

I have updated the Changes file in bioperl-live in preparation for
1.6.1.  The initial release will be an alpha, 1.6.0_1 (probably
landing about mid-week), and based on CPAN tests, etc the final 1.6.1
release next week.  I'll start merging changes over from trunk
tonight, fixing last-minute bugs, etc.  I'm running my work using perl
5.10.1 (64-bit) on Mac and will likely run these remotely on our local
linux cluster.  Win tests are gladly welcome (this should work on
Strawberry Perl now).

I highly suggest Mark, Jason, and any others (Lincoln, Scott, Chase,
Robert Buels, Jay Hannah, Heikki, Sendu come to mind) look over the
file to update it.  There are a few weak spots in there where I didn't
make the code change or additions, or where a particular bug was fixed
but not mentioned.  In particular:

1) Google Summer of Code work from Chase (Mark, Chase)
2) GMOD-related fixes (Lincoln, Scott)
3) YAPC Hackathon bug fixes (Robert, Jay, Bruno)
4) Tiling, Restriction refactors (Mark)

Also, please make changes to AUTHORS, etc as needed.

Thanks!