[Bioperl-l] remove overlapped sequences from Blastn results

Marcelo Iwata marcelo011982 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:33:51 UTC 2009

Hi

I've made a blastn with such arguments:

../bin/blastall -p blastn -d DBBank -i myFasta.FASTA.txt  -e 0.00001 -o
Out2Blast.txt -a 8

and i want a script that removes overlapped sequences from the results..
For example, if a unigene A has the hit->start  and hit-end as 1 and 4, and
the B is at 2 and 3, respectively, the script remove second one.

I want to know if it already exist, and if not, is there a library that
works with such issue.

I know that at Bio::DB::gff we have overlapping_features. But , if something
directly exist (works with blast format), is better for me.

thanks in advance