[Bioperl-l] question about a Bio::Tree::Tree method

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Nov 26 17:16:17 UTC 2009

Emilio - please ask your questions on the list - many people there can
help answer questions.

get_nodes returns all the nodes in the tree, the options specify the
order they are returned in.  Depending on your question the order
probably won't matter so you can just call it without any arguments
like in the examples and the HOWTO.

The documentation for the method says:
  Title   : get_nodes
         Usage   : my @nodes = $tree‐>get_nodes()
         Function: Return list of Bio::Tree::NodeI objects
         Returns : array of Bio::Tree::NodeI objects
         Args    : (named values) hash with one value
                   order => ’b⎪breadth’ first order or
’d⎪depth’ first order

So you can provide no arguments and get the default (breadth-first I
believe) or you can specify
-order => 'd'
or
-order => 'depth'