[Bioperl-l] Installing Bio-perl on dreamhost via CPAN

Charles Plessy charles-listes+bioperl at plessy.org
Fri Nov 20 10:44:45 UTC 2009

Le Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 02:21:54AM -0800, Chu, Roy a écrit :

> Does anyone use dreamhost as a web hosting service?  I'm just curious
> if anyone has had any luck installing the module as their daemon seems
> to kill my process whenever I try to install it.  Dreamhost tech
> support attributes it to either exceeding the allocated memory cache
> or exceeding the processing time.  I tried to nice the process, but
> that didn't help for me.  Any luck or experience in resolving this
> would be much appreciated.  I suppose my next attempt would be to try
> installing it directly and hope I don't need root...

Dear Roy,

DreamHost uses Debian, so you can suggest them to install the Debian package.
If you are in contact with the tech service, do not hesitate to tell them to
contact me if they are interested by a backport of the 1.6.0 package. For
version 1.6.1, it may be more difficult as it depends on perl 5.10.1.

PS: if you propse to install BioPerl as a feature in the Dreamhost panel, I
will vote for it :)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy