[Bioperl-l] looks like a Bio::SeqIO error

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri May 15 18:42:01 UTC 2009

As mentioned in the thread by Kevin, using LargeSeq may not be the
best route as it generates a tmpdir/tmpfile for each sequence, so you
are probably reaching a hard limit for the number of temp files for
your system or for File::Temp.  The oddity is one or the other (or
both) are not removed, so I think this is a legit bug.

Regardless, there's a good reason this hasn't been encountered
before.  If you have ~30,000 sequences that you extract subseqs from
you should seriously consider using a flat file db such as
Bio::DB::Fasta or similar.  It is capable of handling very large
sequences or files and can extract subseqs easily.

chris