[Bioperl-l] The Power of R (Chris Fields)

Scott Markel SMarkel at accelrys.com
Fri May 8 20:05:29 UTC 2009

Gabriel,

I just finished looking through my copy of your book last night.
You cover a nice combination of pattern matching tasks and include
background information for both Perl and R.  I like the fact that
the Perl examples use BioPerl where appropriate.  Too bad that
most other bioinformatics books don't do the same.

A quick personal comment - Thank you for referencing the "Using
BioPerl" book that Jason Stajich, Ewan Birney, and I are writing.
Now we'll have to finish it. :)

Scott

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at accelrys.com
Accelrys (SciTegic R&D)             mobile: +1 858 205 3653
10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100      voice:  +1 858 799 5603
San Diego, CA 92121                 fax:    +1 858 799 5222
USA                                 web:    http://www.accelrys.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/smarkel
Vice President, Board of Directors:
    International Society for Computational Biology
Co-chair: ISCB Publications Committee
Associate Editor: PLoS Computational Biology
Editorial Board: Briefings in Bioinformatics