[Bioperl-l] Other object oddities

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun May 3 18:36:59 UTC 2009

I agree, $seq->seq() could possibly be better named. Maybe $seq-
 >seqstr()?

The thing is that having $seq->seq() return an object would be
meaningless - it would be $self.

You can test what kind of object you have using ref() or isa():

	$seq = $obj->seq();
	# we need the sequence string
	$seq = $seq->seq() if ref($seq) && $seq->isa("Bio::PrimarySeqI");

There has been a naming consistency review, but it's been a long time.

-hilmar