[Bioperl-l] [Gmod-gbrowse] Non-root installation: problem with Module::Builder versions

Neil Saunders neilfws at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:44:50 UTC 2009

> Try setting the environmental variable PERL5LIB:

Thanks for the tip - however, PERL5LIB is set (to ~/lib/perl5).

The Module::Build docs state that Config.pm is used by Module::Build.
So far as I can tell, the initial Build is using the system-wide perl
installation (/usr/local, /etc/CPAN) and the 'Build install' to $HOME
uses my personal Module::Build.  Problems arise because these are
different versions (0.28 v 0.32).

I assume that I can edit the Build scripts in some way to use only my
personal installation - will keep working on this.

Neil
--
  Statistical Bioinformatics - Health
  CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences

http://friendfeed.com/neilfws